We typically start the day off with intentions of what we want to achieve. Through the days and weeks, we switch to autopilot. We accomplish our obligations like laundry and grocery shopping, but our personal goals take the backseat. It's time to reset your mental and emotional headspace by asking yourself a few difficult questions.
Don't just think about your answers; write them down. When you write things, you are more likely to recognize and process emotions, as well as develop an action plan. So light a candle, grab a drink and let's get started...
- What are my most important values and how am I living in ways that are not aligned with them?
- Am I holding onto something that would be better to let go of? What is it and what’s holding me back from letting go?
- Do I have unfinished business? With whom? What inner work needs to be done to heal this? What steps can I take to bring resolution?
- Am I trading authenticity for acceptability? What's holding me back from being more authentic?
- What limiting belief impacts my life in an undesirable way? What is the origin of this belief? What's one step I can make to let go of this belief and positively move forward? (The most damaging criticism often comes from within.)
Whenever you are stuck and realize you've stopped moving forward use these questions to deep clean your thoughts and maybe you'll discover ways to free your mind and follow your heart.
Once you’ve had time to process this, I’d love to hear if you found these questions helpful. Let me know in the comments below...